We are perched just above the ruins of Ben Evans store. Another landmark is in the centre – the square tower of the offices of the Evening Post. Notice the poor state of the right hand end of the newspaper building. This lower frontage was rebuilt in modern style, and the Post was composed and printed on this site, until it moved to the building in Adelaide Street in 1968. The original, rather grand building was demolished. It started life as Swansea Post Office, completed 1856.
Gerald Gabb, 2021