Saturday 13 March 2021
10:30 am - 11:30 am
Saturday Family Workshops take place on the first Saturday of each month. For families with children aged 6-10, these friendly workshops are a chance to create together, experiment with new ideas and learn all about some of the amazing art we have on display at Glynn Vivian Art Gallery.
Inspired by our new exhibition, Grounded, by Peter Matthews, collect, draw and build your own 3D Magical Map and turn it into your very own fantasy board game.
We will be collecting small sprigs, twigs, stones and shells from our neighbourhood and using them as inspiration to design 3D maps and board games. Using simple map-making codes we will draw out a map and fill it with details, before transforming our collected items into magical buildings, forests and mountains. Finally, we will create a pathway, theme and characters to build our own personalised board game.
For this project, you will need to collect certain items to bring to the workshop. But don’t worry if you forget, you can manage without.
What you will need:
- Coffee stained thick paper (make a strong coffee and brush it over your paper and leave to dry)
- a shoe box with separate lid (optional)
- black fineliner pen
- black paint and small paintbrush
- colouring materials
- dice and a collection of small stones/shells/pebbles/empty snail shells (between acorn and walnut sized and that have one flat side to rest nicely on the paper)
- small, dry, very thin twigs (imagine miniature trees no higher than your finger)
This workshop will take place live on Zoom.
Open the link here: https://zoom.us/j/94094087469?pwd=TTVScmY4dk9GeXd3elhuODVCcHU4UT09
Booking essential. One ticket per family/digital device.
Free to take part online. No payment required.